Thursday, May 30, 2019

Mad Mary

At the hags table: oneiric excerpts and images; a reading:



(Excerpt from an email correspondence march 17th 2019 on the subject of oneiric hags):
‘This gets me thinking of why the hags may not scare me as much as they could; im the older sister that's job it is to scare the younger siblings. The momo challenge you mention reminds me of games like 'mad mary' from childhood. During sleepovers after binging on tacky 90's horror films the night would usually end with me invoking mad mary. Mad Mary was a witch that apparently would appear if you turned the lights off and in front of the mirror repeated her name three times...Mad Mary...Mad Mary...Mad Mary. I would always do this despite the protests from friends. And so following this maybe those hags dont choke me because i conjured them first? Or better put: i read that you cannot tickle yourself because you anticipate the movements. So maybe i spent too much time in front of mirrors identifying as mad mary that the sensation of being chocked lost some of its chokiness in the same way as tickling can loose its tickliness...oh wait that does not make sense, does it?...’
The Hags Table:



As a question I drop a picture into the watery hag table:



Then the photos, placed on the watery table, float, spread and form a turning- translucent membrane on the surface.


Hag’s hands submerge into a round, black liquid table of infinite darkness. And they are feeling for ripples, or perhaps gauging the temperature. Cold until the hands are dead. Maybe to drop in temperature is to drop in other ways.
I pass her this image:



She then passes me this:



Mad Mary



Mad Mary



Mad Mary



restoration of the moon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mess