Friday, July 3, 2020

RosenClocks

The science fiction of everyday objects introduces RosenStocks tm

And RosenStocks brings you RosenClocks




When reading my boyfriends philosophical notes (notes which will accumulate and create his upcoming book) I had the urge to science-fictionalize them, lovingly. Lovingly as a multiplying divergent movement as opposed to a reductive capturing that would clearly fall short of representing his work. And so it should as representing is not the most enjoyable thing one can do with another’s treasures.
Diverging, i use his name RosenStocks for what will be a fictitious brand.

And i like his watch very much...
I want it... 



So i take it!
(through the assimilating system of collage. Collage captures capital?)

The wording is his (with a few additions and alterations) but through taking them into this sci-fi realm I help myself play with, or rather perform ideas in order to understand them but mostly envision what the world would, could, look like if such ideas became operative; ‘what would THAT look like?’. Collage as speculative play. The corporate
as its economically and libidinally tweaked. Tweaked in service of who? Well… me. 



I am much too impatient to learn how to use more advanced tech, so when it is my moment to model this brand I simply use the ‘beauty’ filter on my phone, a very basic airbrushing, I look quite dashing! And as is usual with my collaging, all of it is done by hand given I cannot use photoshop (and dont want to), so a case of printing-cutting sticking-printing-repeat. 




Capital captures collage right back as i go shopping for negroni cocktail ingredients. I am given this at the till:



for kids presumably, an incentive to shop. Miniature cardboard products. I do like miniature things ALOT. I will make my own little shop whilst drinking negroni.
Cheers to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mess