Thursday, July 16, 2020

coca-capture


Very pleased with how my first collab exhibition went with lauren drummond. The opening night was a jolly good laugh with plenty of rum and coke going around, keeping the art crowd cultured and drunk. 

This didn’t really happen, rather, I colonized my friend, artist Lauren Drummonds art work (https://www.laurendrummond.co.uk/)

because it exists in an alternative spatio-corpoReality, there need not be any congruence from one shot to the other (despite referring back to the same space, place, time, event-the exhibition opening night). In this way I can spread my process across the shots and in so doing have the otherwise separate moments that would usually lead to a final piece, come together as a final piece. Like you see here. The different ‘moments’ and mutations of the coca-capture art piece I made over the past few weeks has spread its history, memory, onto laurens artwork. Very colonizing just like coco-capture is. So this I find very satisfying and will do more of it. May even go to the fancy galleries and exhibit with them. Similar to what I do with shop window displays. Im like horses shite, im everywhere. Temporal tweaker.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mess