Thursday, June 4, 2020

capitalist flower

The Marxist talk Sunday just gone:
So again, colliding associations and events. Attention fixates and proliferates. I imagine myself in some sort of class, semi-present, doodling, yes, doodling, consider these elaborate doodles mnemonic devices to capture otherwise fleeting information. This week the word ‘geometrics’ stuck. Just prior to it being mentioned i had been taking photos of the screen, the talkers, through a kaleidoscopic app on Instagram.
Capital Vol 1, chapter 17. “But beyond this point the wear and tear increases in geometrical progression, and every condition suitable for the normal reproduction and function of labour power is suppressed.”
I imagine a tumour. And then i wonder… what is geometry again? It is maths. Urgh. It is symmetry. I think of Ernst Haeckel zoological illustrations and though undeniably beautiful they have a way of making me a little nauseous in a vertigo sort of way. And then i recall years ago complaining with my friend Ruby about how the men at uni were fixated on the fractal thing and we just found it really very boring. Then i print the images the next day, today, and play with the information. The kaleidoscopic splitting of the image IS that geometrical progression Marx describes, and i determine that with all the force of somebody who doesn't know but just does it anyways. I think if the alienating split is what separates you from yourself, from seeing yourself in the object, (sort of like the simulacra thing but i still haven't read tht), then this is a very particular geometrical form, and if it is a form imposed to deal with abundance, then indeed it is a crisis form. If i am to write a sci-fi someday, i pretend to be a researcher in alien botany. Lets say i have the ‘capital’ flower at my desk and im studying it. Is it the same as my rosen red form from last week? I havent decided yet. I know this so far about the capital flower: it is paranoiac in its blooming. I will get my equipment and add a drop of femme-alien substance to it, amongst my whole laboratory of petri-dish events (art works) and see what mutations i can spark in its fabric. Detour in the discourse. I only hope i don't wake up to one of those man-eating plants  . The sim in these images if making a rocket, if you were wondering. anywhoo, very serious science, i work for NASA.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Mess