Wednesday, September 25, 2019

choir of grief


Dream from 26/9/19

I dreamt of a choir of angels: there were three women performing my grief, singing it on a stage for all to hear. but they weren't me and I didn't recognize them. The one that seemed most distressed had a voice like Alanis Morrissette and looked a little like her too. But her voice was breaking and the faces of the audience cringed on those notes. I was audience in-so-far as i was observing the performance as dreamer dreaming its space. Like the dream was taking place in the architecture that is me. My presence felt aerial. And her singing got more and more distressed, the crescendo being the repeated line "I'd do anything for you, I'd do anything for you". Her grief welled up in us all and i woke crying as is the usual of recent, in the early hours, because i am happy when i am awake, it is like my dreaming is grieving for me, these women taking on this burden so i can be happy for a while. so they are like my angel choir.



'phantom dancer'
drawing/collage from last week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mess