Saturday, July 27, 2019

religion of the pigeon



Preliminary proposal for pigeon dream analysis to aid sleep.

(Pigeon, it is just me and you now, lets go.)

Hey little lady ive got a back ally you could dump that in, so if you change your mind, just lemme know.
NO.
Nobody cares about pigeons, you should set up a charity and save lots of them.
NO.
Pigeon is an expression of yourself, you are the little pigeon little lady.
NO.
Dream analysis pigeon is this is not this and pigeon is not pigeon.
NO.
The pigeon IS you!
NO.

This pigeon is the last thing that is not me and if it is lost I will die because then there will be just me, and that doesn’t make sense.
I am getting sleepy now. Sad and sleepy.
And so when terrified like this the only thing which will lift me is the thought of an anonymous bird nested on a single branch somewhere in the rainforest. Ruffling about.
I am sleepy, I am tired. I am exhausted.
When I was a child and could not sleep, I’d remind myself that the other half of the world was in daytime, that people, somewhere, were awake. And then I could sleep soundly for a little while knowing this.

Pigeon let me do this now. Stay awake.
We’ll wirelessly communicate. Which is like wakelessly communicating.

And that is how religion of the pigeon was born.
Religion of the pigeon as dream analysis looks not for the continuum of ‘woken me’ in a dream, not a key, but instead for instances of this pigeon that lives on as I sleep—that is dream.
Making it me means staying awake and sure lucid dreaming and astro-travelling are cool but not all the time. I’ve got that tiredness where you can feel it in your stomach, over tired.

Dream is that which continues without me and despite me and is so a world I can sleep in and I thank pigeon for that.

Pigeon is poetry and a sigh of relief.

Who will look after all of this when I cannot?
Pigeon ruffles and repositions itself in non-response and then I go to sleep. 


(pigeon found carrying lullabies) 

Awake.

Uncharted territory.
Sean left some drawings.
many unfinished.
Idyllic landscapes with houses.
and then just white space.

I want to fill in the spaces.




the tip and slide into white space and you tag the air towards the edge:

takes me to that space under the bridge where all the colours collide. where the tags are overlayered in different colours, multi colours. it is amazing. maybe my favourite spot in town.

I want to work into your map...this one first...


I find an idyllic landscape painting in a charity shop. I begin cutting out and making a pastiche of maps to enter the terrain and to be attentive somehow, well what else is there to do?:


and then a little later my dad visits and shows me this photo I had never seen before and I feel a bit better:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Mess